21 December 2014

On mending broken fences

I think I need 4 pieces of 4x1in, about 18 inches long, and one piece about 5 foot long plus a tin of cuprinol (or similar external wood treatment) and some 3 inch nails.

The building maintenance contractors employed by the council (or to be more precise the scaffolding sub-contractors employed by them) have broken my garden fence twice this year so I've got to fix it.  I don't want to spend much on it as they'll probably be back next year to break it again.  Fences aren't typically built to have hulking great scaffolders climbing over them because they can't be bothered to put a note through the door a couple of days before they need access to ask me to leave the back gate open for them so they can put up scaffolding to fix the damage done by the family on the top floor.

No comments: