28 May 2012

Spam calls from 02034762589

Got a spam phone call from 02034762589 about 14:10 today to a number that has been registered with Telephine Preference Service for years, I checked and it's still registered.  The call is a recorded message saying that if I've been in a road accident I should press 1.  It doesn't identify the company it's from at all.

I Googled the number and found they seem to have been bothering quite a number of people today.

I went to the Telephone Preference Service website to complain but they won't deal with it because it's a recorded message.  They suggest contacting the ICO but the ICO website says that for phone calls you should contact the TPS.  Looks like there's a hole in the system that telemarketers are exploiting.  My MP, John Hemming, used to have an interest in combatting silent calls so I'm wondering if I need to write to him and see if he can suggest who would handle this or kick the appropriate person to make sure there is someone who will handle this?

3 comments:

helen said...

Both my hubby and myself received a call at exactly the same time on our mobiles today from this number. we have run on telephone numbers, which would suggest they are making calls in numerical order.
We have been registered with TPS for years and years. But TPS it seems now, is being played to be a fool as these companies are using the situations which TPS don't cover.

Mitch said...

Same here today about 2 hours ago. My number is a mobile starting 07795 if it helps?

Zionette Hudson said...

If you received calls and text messages from unknown or unwanted person, It is best to use reverse phone lookup site before calling back or replying back to their texts. You may report them in case if it's annoying.If you received calls and text messages from unknown or unwanted person, It is best to use reverse phone lookup site before calling back or replying back to their texts. You may report them in case if it's annoying.